iMessage is Apple’s messaging service between iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. In iPod Touch and iPad you have to use your apple ID or an email address to start an iMessage conversation. In case of iPhone the phone number is verified and iMessage is activated.
Well today Apple surprised us with iMessage for Mac. Apple today released messages beta, which is an upcoming feature in OS X Mountain Lion. When you install this messages beta, the iChat will be replaced as messages. You can use the other chat services like normal and also iMessage. With iMessage for Mac you can start a conversation on Mac and continue in any iOS device or vice verse
Features of iMessage For Mac
- Send unlimited iMessages to any Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- Start an iMessage conversation on your Mac and continue it on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- Send photos, videos, attachments, contacts, locations, and more.
- Launch a FaceTime video call and bring the conversation face-to-face.
- Messages supports iMessage, AIM, Yahoo!, Google Talk, and Jabber accounts.
Thanks @askfranklin for the tip..
Do Share Your Views !