Qualcomm today unveiled latest next generation snapdragon 800, 60, 400,200 series processor at CES 2013. These processors are improved a lot when compared with previous snapdragon processors. The Snapdragon 800 serious processor is 75% faster than the previous processors and it supports ultra LTE upto 150 Mbps and advance 802.11ac WiFi network and each core can support upto 2.3 Ghz. It can even play 4K (Ultra HD, 4 Times 1080p) Vidio without any issues.
The Snapdragon 600 Processors
Building on the momentum of our highly successful Snapdragon S4 Pro processor featured in such flagship devices like the Google Nexus 4 and the HTC Droid DNA, we have introduced the first Snapdragon 600 processor which will once again lead the industry in both performance and power efficiency. Inside of the Snapdragon 600 processor is an integrated system featuring our custom built CPU, GPU, and much more so you’ll our feel the Snapdragon experience—fast performance and great battery life. The new Snapdragon 600 processor includes the following features:
- Quad Core Krait 300 CPU—running at up to 1.9 GHz
- Adreno 320 GPU –offering over 3x the performance of A225 &, as the first GPU in the Adreno 300 series and introduces support for new mobile and GPGPU compute APIs such as OpenGL ES 3.0 , OpenCL and Renderscript Compute
- LPDDR3 RAM— (Low Power Double Data Rate 3)this faster RAM gives a speed boost to the channels which data flows. By increasing the speed at which the data flows to each component, performance is boosted throughout the entire processor.
- Overall Performance Boost—we expect the Snapdragon 600 processor to deliver up to 40% better performance than the Snapdragon S4 Pro processor.
The Snapdragon 800 Processors
Fast on the heels of our first Snapdrgon 600 processor, we will once again reset the performance and power efficiency bar with the introduction of our flagship Snapdragon 800 processors. Inside these tiny processors are all of the leading technologies that you have come to expect from Qualcomm. And we continue to custom build these technologies in-house so they can be fully tailored and tightly integrated with the entire system. This level of customization enables the Snapdragon experience—stunning performance and extreme battery life. The Snapdragon 800 processors will enable the newest mobile experience with a cutting edge feature set that includes:
- Quad Core Krait 400 CPU—speeds up to 2.3 GHz, per core
- Adreno 330 GPU—featuring patented Flex Render Technology and leading edge API’s that are designed to expand the use of GPU processing for general computing and other SoC tasks, the Adreno 330 GPU offers a 2 times better compute performance than Adreno 320
- 2x32bit LPDDR3 RAM at 800MHz – with industry-leading memory bandwidth of 12.8GBps.
- 4G LTE Cat 4 and 802.11ac—these connectivity options offer blazing fast, seamless connectivity with cellular modem boasting data rates up to 150 Mbps and 802.11ac at speeds up to 1 Gbps.
- UltraHD—video can be captured, played back and displayed in UltraHD (previously called “4K.”) The resolution has four times as many pixels as 1080p. (1920x 1080 versus 4096 × 2304)
- HD Audio—support for DTS-HD, Dolby Digital Plus and 7.1 surround sound.
- Dual Image Signal Processors (ISPs) up to 55MP – with support for up to four cameras and allows for 3D captures, photo merging into a master 55MPixel image, separate autofocus and captures, 1080p30 video captures.
- Overall Performance Boost—the Snapdragon 800 processor is expected to deliver up to 75% better performance than the Snapdragon S4 Pro.
Snapdragon 800 Processors
Snapdragon 800 Processors are designed to deliver blazing fast apps and web browsing, visually stunning graphics, breakthrough multimedia capabilities, seamless communications virtually anytime, anywhere, and outstanding battery life for premium smartphones, Smart TVs, digital media adapters and tablets.
Snapdragon 600 Processors
Snapdragon 600 Processors are designed to deliver outstanding performance for today’s coolest apps, fast web browsing, seamless connectivity and great battery life for mid-high tier smartphones and tablets.
Snapdragon 400 Processors
Snapdragon 400 Processors are designed to deliver the performance, features, connectivity and battery life that consumers expect in high volume smartphones and tablets.
Snapdragon 200 Processors
Snapdragon 200 Processors are designed to deliver a valued balance of performance, robust connectivity and better battery life for entry level smartphones.
These processors are expected in commercial devices by mid 2013