In my last post I wrote a tutorial about how su.pr URL shortener can be integrated with tweetmeme. Today I was Searching for some plugins and came up with one Good Plugin for WordPress users! Yes the the plugin allows you to add custom URL shortener to official Twitter button. The guys form snowballfactory developed this plugin .
According to the Author the Following are the Features Supported by this plugin.
- Configure the placement of the button on your posts: top; bottom; top & bottom; or manual
- Choose the type of Twitter tweet button you want: vertical count; horizontal count; or no count
- Optionally use awe.sm, bit.ly, su.pr, digg.com, or tinyurl to shorten the links shared through the tweet button (default is Twitter’s t.co)
- Specify the via Twitter username to be included at the end of the tweet and in the recommended users to follow screen after the tweet
- Optionally add the author of a given post to the recommended users to follow screen after the tweet (requires the author to enter their Twitter username in their WP profile)
- Disable the button on Pages
- Localize the button in the languages Twitter supports (currently English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese)
- Specify additional user accounts to recommend
You can easily add your custom URL shortener to the Twitter button with this plugin.
Note: When I tested this plugin. By default the t.co shortener is used, but when you click on the t.co short link it redirects to the post using the custom URL shortener provided you(su.pr or any provided by you)..
I think this is one good plugin for wordpress users who uses official Twitter button for sharing the posts! Do share your views about this plugin!